What is a reimbursement
Overall, our approach for these is the same as everything else; we assume you behave responsibly and expect you handle company expenses in the same way you would with your own money.
Here are few guidelines;
- For any expense, you have to provide a fapiao (for China) or official invoice. Reach out to operations; see below for the reimbursement steps.
- Small related expenses (e.g. cab ride) are systematically reimbursed, assuming they’re in a reasonable range (maximum of 200 RMB/30 USD/30 EUR).
- Larger expenses (e.g. business trip to another city, conference tickets for multiple team members) require confirmation from your team leader. Create an issue in the appropriate repo (e.g.
Wiredcraft/businessfor a business trip or
Wiredcraft/teamfor a conference) with the estimated budget and assign it to him.
- Team leaders have access to a discretionary budget for their department they can use for things like team lunches, books, online courses. Larger expenses (above 600 RMB/100 USD/100 EUR) need approval from the Operations team.
- Always ask your team leader if you think the company should reimburse something. Often, the reason why we haven’t offered to cover an expense is just that we’re not aware of it.
In order to get a reimbursement you need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: request the official fapiao(s) (physical and digital are both acceptable) related to the expense.
- Step 2: fill out the reimbursement form.
- Step 3: submit the fapiao(s) to the Operations team.
You’ll be reimbursed at the end of the month along with the payroll. If you need to be reimbursed before that, mention it in the comment section of the reimbursement form.