How many holiday days am I entitled to?
Every new hire receives 13 base holidays when joining the company. We leave the possibility to negotiate the amount of holidays to the dicretion of the managers.
When are the annual holidays updated?
Your annual holidays will be updated on January, 1st of each year.
Can I take over holiday days from the last year?
Team members are allowed to carry over up to 3 holiday days from the old year to the new one. These 3 days need to be taken within the first 3 months of the new contract period. If the team member misses this limitation, holiday days will expire.
Note that this includes free time which has been earned due the attendence of conferences or meetups which Wiredcraft has organised.
How many holiday days am I entitled to if I join the company during the year?
The amount of your holidays will be calculated the following way: (Base holidays / 12 (months)) x remaining months of the current year = available holidays
A team member joins WCL in May 2018. The number of holiday days the team member can actually use in 2018 is:
(13/12)*7= 7.58 days = 8 day
Can I claim more holiday days?
Holidays will be adjusted based on your employment in the company. Your experience level could vary the holidays as well.
|Years at the company||Base holiday days||Holidays added||New holidays|
Am I entitled to extra holiday days when joining conferences organised by Wiredcraft?
When working at conferences organised by the company you are entiteld to extra holidays.
If you worked on a Saturday or Sunday, you are entitled to 2 extra holiday days. If you worked both, Saturday and Sunday, you are entitled to 3 extra holidays.
Am I entitled to extra holiday days when helping at meetups?
Helping at Meetups is fun but also great for our business development. We are well known for our great organisation and the great work our team does on these. The following rules apply for mmetups:
- A meetup organiser is entitled to 0.5 days extra holidays per meetup
- Helping on two meetups will entitle you to 0.5 extra holidays
You are entitled to extra holiday days in the following situations:
- meet ups (company activities except team buildings and team retreats)
- Conferences organised by the company
- overtime work (see next section)
- upon your leader’s decision
We don’t like overtime. But we sometimes have to push through a delivery or accomodate a particular schedule.
What counts as overtime work?
Overtime work is work that is needed to be finished outside the regular working hours. Note that overtime work is not a compensation for the employee lack of structure and management of their own schedule, it is a constrict time validated by management due to some unforeseen needed work.In other words, it is not a solution to mismanaged personal work.
In all cases your manager needs to communicate with you upfront that work needs to be finished and the estimated time for it.
How do I apply for overtime work?
- Communicate with your manager that you plan to work overtime. Tell them reason, date (if not the same day), project and estimated work load. Your manager should give you an oral ‘go’ at this stage already.
- Grab an overtime application form. They are available as printed form at HR (Hazels) desk.
- Fill out the overtime application form after your overtime work. After filling the form on you side, give it for approval to your manager, who needs to sign it.
- Once you approved with your manager, give the form back to HR the day after your overtime work.
- The Operations team will calculate the overtime for you. Extra holidays or pay out will apply from the following month.
Note: The total amount of overtime work, either at meetups or projects, can be only added up to 5 day max per year of extra holiday days. Every work time that exceeds this amount of holidays will be paid out according to the laws of the particular location the team member is working at.
How will my overtime work be calculated?
|Day of the week||Overtime worked (in hours)||Holidays counted (in days)|
|Monday - Friday||6||0.5|
|Monday - Friday||6+||1|
|Weekends||1 - 4||1|
|Weekends||4 - 8||1.5|
|Weekends from 8 pm+||1 - 4||1|
|Weekends from 8 pm+||4 -8||2|
Note that 0.5 day extra holidays will be given once you reach 6 hours of overtime work. Please make sure to track the overtime hours you have worked.