Following on the Product design, the products goes through the following 3 steps:
- Kick-off: through an initial meeting we solidify a common understanding of the work which leads to: a refined strategy, fleshed out [personas, core user stories]http://playbook.wiredcraft.com/article/user-story/) and tasks.
- Iterative development: we follow Scrumban methodology which allows us to avoid big design up front in favor of planning on demand. We deliver subset of issues (previously agreed on) during sprints which are organized in milestones.
- Conclusion: following the succesful delivery of the deliverables we conduct a post-mortem meeting. All team members are invited to retrospect on the past project. The goal is to improve future iterations and highlight lessons learned.
Dos and don’ts
- Timeboxed meetings
- Ask for feedback often
- Check-in regularly
- Team members doing the work support the effort (bottom-up approach)
- Call ad-hoc meetings when necessary
- Host weekly stand up with all team members (in person or online)